Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh to be Sixteen Again (or not...)

Now seriously folks, I can think of few things worse than having to go back "a number of years" and be 16 again. I do not have fond memories of those days. I actually have very little memory,fond or non-fond. I do however, remember pimples. They are etched in the recesses of my mind (and etched other places, too, unfortunately.)

And I should've gone ahead and bought stock in Clearasil, since I am still using their product "a number of years" later - even though my Mother, who is now in a (I beg you, Lord!) zit-free zone called Heaven, told me my complexion would be totally clear once I survived adolescence. I have forgiven her for that blatant lie. I think she was trying to save me from the brutal truth of menopause and acne being simultaneous occurrences in my later years (which are now!)

But back to being 16. I asked my 16yo daughter for a suggestion of what I could blog about tonight (being as how I used up all my energy sitting on the couch with her watching American Idol's Final Three elimination and being oh-so nervous for the amazingly cute, David Archuleta. And as a side note...If I was 16 again, his smile would certainly melt my teeny-bopper heart. He is totally the kind of guy I would've liked in high school. Cute...but a tad on the geeky side. I bet he was in the debate club (I was :)

My dd's idea for a blog was for me to fill out an email survey she got recently. The email survey had questions like these:

Had feelings for someone who didn't have them for you?

Been to Florida?

Been on a plane?

Been lost?

Been on the opposite side of the country?

Swam in the ocean?

Felt like dying?

Cried yourself to sleep?

Played cops and robbers?

Recently colored with crayon?

Paid for a meal with only coins?

Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?
OK, Just to save face with my daughter, I'll answer this one question.
I told myself not to blog Every Day in May, because I had this nightmare where I ran out of things to say and had to answer puerile email surveys. Whew! Sure glad that didn't really happen.


Made prank phone calls?

Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose?

Caught a snowflake on your tongue?

Danced in the rain?

Been kissed under the mistletoe?

Watched the sunrise with someone you care about?

Crashed a party?

Gone to the movies, paid for one ticket, and then snuck into
another theater to see a different feature afterwards?

Ever eaten cookies for dinner?

Favorite salad dressing?

Favorite pie?

Favorite movie?

Favorite holiday?

Favorite brand of soap?

What do you do to relax?

How do you see yourself in 10 years?

Nope, as riveting as those questions are, I think I'll just have to keep you guessing about my favorite soap, pie, and salad dressing - as well as whether I've danced in the rain or been kissed under mistletoe.

But you are welcome to answer any of those in the comment section :)

Tomorrow, which I hope will be a Better Blog Day (and I hardly see how it could be worse), I will either answer an Ask Annie question or post some ballet recital pictures. If I ever actually stoop to answering an email survey, feel free to delete me from your Favorites. (I am in there, right?)


Debbie,who uses Dove soap, likes Ken's Lite Caesar salad dressing, and has never laughed so hard that a beverage came out her nose...No, indeedy - my beverage comes out Someplace Else Entirely when I laugh too hard (!)


P.S. Why didn't someone tell me I spelled Plagiarism wrong yesterday? I sure won't make a good plagiarist if I can't even copy correctly!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess we, your audience, are not as smart as we would like to think. I didn't notice the spelling error.

Anonymous said...

Ever eaten cookies for dinner? Of course! What's wrong with that? Doesn't everybody?

I remember 16 -- but I wasn't nearly as "immature" as the girls these days! Giggling and squealing? Are you kidding me? ...Okay, maybe I don't remember as clearly as I should...

Oops! Sorry this "comment" was all about ME! Deb has wonderful hair and smiles a lot and makes me feel happy.

Anonymous said...

I love those little email surveys. I wish you would answer more.

sally said...

I love your blog, Debbie! I don't care what you write about, it makes me belly laugh and smile and takes my mind off my hum-drum life! Keep up the good work!

lea said...

i survived wild adventures! i consider that a feat worthy of blogging...