Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Go read my guest post...Or don't, I'll be fine..




Today I am guest posting at Jonesville.  I was supposed to share some homeschooling wisdom. Go on over and see if you think it's wise. If not, keep it to yourself please. I'm the mother of 7 teens right now and my ego is fragile as I'm daily informed (sometimes, by them...) of how much I have to learn. I would tell you to leave a glowing comment to help my self-worth, but I don't want to sound self-patronizing (and then if you don't....down I plummet.)

This is only the 2nd time I've ever guest posted anywhere, and the first one was for a fashion/beauty blog - NOT my area of expertise. This time I may actually have something worth emulating.

Thank you!  "You is kind, you is smart, you is important." (not good grammar, but a great quote from The Help movie..)

Debbie

P.S. When you see the pictures I sent with my blog, please remember that I don't normally let my big boys dress up like girls. They were recreating (really spoofing, but don't tell Will...) Hamlet. They dared me to put that picture in the post, and I'm all about doing what my children tell me.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

"Inspiration is meant to arouse some sort of activity."

I enjoyed reading your thoughts, and yes, you got me inspired to try out some of your ideas.

Thank you, Lisa

Denee Williams said...

Thank you, Debbie. I enjoyed your blog this morning. I like your sense of humor and I am still smiling. See you Monday at CC!
~Denee Williams

Cheaper by the Baker's Dozen said...

Thanks Lisa and Denee (and those sweet gals who commented over at jonesville. She said she had her highest traffic ever - and traffic is good with blogs :)

Be sure and head back over if you get a chance. She's got some thought-provoking and practical stuff up.

Melanie said...

Hey there! I do not know you, but a friend sent me your guest post link and then I came to your blog from there. Thanks for your pithy wisdom and real life. I have three children (so far) and have just begun to homeschool my 5 1/2 year old. I am mainly struggling with (like you mentioned) trying to prove something and not comparing myself to other moms. I appreciate people like you who are a little further along the path and can offer encouragement and wisdom. :) Thanks! (I'm also an avid reader!)

BParrish said...

I remember those homeschooling days. They always seem more fuzzily perfect in my memories....Great post!

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

I read your guest post and really enjoyed it. Some great tips...and of course, your wonderful sense of humor mixed in! Even though we've only been homeschooling for a few years, I have learned early about starting out with the important stuff and then working on one thing at a time, instead of trying to get things done by a certain time. (I used to try to get all the schooling, chores, piano practice, etc... done by noon and all that did was stress me and all the kids out!) With five children under the age of 8 1/2, and pregnant again, there always seems to be a baby in the house and it's virtually impossible to keep any kind of "timed" schedule with anything. :-) (Which has been a very difficult thing to overcome for my super organized, structured personality) Thanks again for the great post! I always enjoy reading them!

-Darcy (Gena Spearing's niece-in-law...is there such a thing?)

Dayna said...

I love that quote! Thanks for the giggle. My girls have been quoting that, too.

busymomof10 said...

You must be out of grocery money -- as your doughnuts have been eaten off the top of your blog! ;)

Thanks for your wise and witty post! I thoroughly enjoyed it and shared some of your wisdom on my facebook page.

I'd like to hear more about your block scheduling. Would you be open to sharing some of your blocks on your blog?

DrMarkJump said...

Your posts are always right on AND make me laugh, which is the best kind of medicine :) Since you're my sister, I know you better than other moms, and I know you tell it like it is (or isn't!). Keep on blogging and helping us to de-clutter our lives and homes so we can better serve the Lord and our families :)

Kathy said...

I found your blog tonight and am so happy to have found you:) I would LOVE to have you guest post ANYTIME!!