Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mega Laundry Solutions




Some Moms Who Should Definitely Know are sharing about laundry systems, and I couldn't help but jump right into this 'agitating' discussion. This is one (and about the only) area of homemaking I have down to a sweet smelling, neatly folded science. 


 And I'm sure  now that I've proudly stated that fact, I'm bound to wake up tomorrow morning to a house full of wet bunkbeds (and it wouldn't be the first time, I can assure you of that.)


Here's the link to my previous post on laundry - complete with cutting-edge pictures of my family's amazing, individually labeled, (white, plastic) laundry bins. After you read that post, be sure not to miss the sequel. Because just like everything else in a large family, we needed more than one (booths in a restaurant, pews in a church, carts in a grocery store, refrigerators in a kitchen. It always takes two.)


 I'd write a new laundry post but why should I?  Don't need to.  My system is still working like a charm. Seriously. The only time it gets slightly out of control is after a Boy Scout campout, when my 5 Scouts come home stinkin' to high heaven. (And if that's what high heaven smells like, I'll be completely happy to stay in the lower part, thank you very much.) 


Maybe I should start a new blog called Pioneer Woman Washes
and Dries. 


This just in - One of my favorite, and more attentive, blog readers just reminded me of the sequel to the sequel laundry post. In this post I tell about the dot system - and get an award for Bravest Blogger (and most embarrassing mother.) I'm so proud of me!




After you've had your fill of my laundry solutions, be sure you get all the dirt from these gals.





Check out the other All in a Day Bloggers...
Carrie @ Our Full House
Monica @ Natural Mama
Renee @ Bakers Dozen

10 comments:

busymomof10 said...

Thanks for linking with us! I always LOVE your posts!! I re-read both of your laundry posts -- You have a great system going!

Also, I FOUND IT! Your missing post on the "dot system!" I linked to it from my blog -- in case you want to check it out! ;)

Virginia Knowles said...

Loved your post, Debbie! I need to re-tweak my laundry system. Right now we have seven kids still at home -- my oldest is married and two of my other young adults are in Italy for a few months. I do most of the laundry for the younger five, as well as my husband and the linens. Several years ago I wrote about laundry in a section of a chapter of my book The Real Life Home School Mom. I have posted it on one of my blogs here: http://comewearymoms.blogspot.com/2011/02/mt-washmore-laundry-for-large-family.html

Blessings,
Virginia Knowles
www.virginiaknowles.blogspot.com

Jason and Gretchen said...

I love your dot system, I've shared it with lots of other moms!

Cheaper by the Baker's Dozen said...

It's been fun finding comments on my old posts (one was two years ago! Time flies when you're up to your ears in stinky socks..)

Elizabeth, thanks for spurring me to repost the laundry info.
Virginia, you're still in the running for BFF for your link to me.
And Gretchen...Is this how I'll find my fame? The Dot Woman?

Happy Busy Mama said...

I LOVE your laundry "system." Laundry has always been a sore spot for me. Not in an attitude of complaint, but the fact is I just hate the whole process, so it has been hard for me to do it. That is the sad, but honest truth. I like the the result of it---no one clamoring for clean underwear, but I don't enjoy any part of it. After a few years of "sick mama," and older (efficient) kiddos leaving the nest, we are definitely in need of a simple way to get this job done. THANKS!!!!

Cheaper by the Baker's Dozen said...

Happy, Busy Mama- I can so relate to needing to revamp things after older children leave you (stranded.) I miss my older girls, who are now matching socks for my sweet grandchildren :)

Kara Chupp said...

Left you an award on our blog :)

Laura said...

Congratulations on your success. I am still trying to find my laundry happy place. Maybe I'll post about it and link to you as inspiration so you will call me your bff :)

Cheaper by the Baker's Dozen said...

Laura...deal! :)

Cheryl @Treasures from a Shoebox said...

I read the comment you left on Raising Olives' giveaway; you and I seem to have a lot in common! (Especially in the area of patience-deficiency). We have 10 children, with 9 still at home.