Saturday, September 20, 2008

While the Cat's Away, the Wife will.....Work her tail off!

It's 12:23 (a.m.) and the kids and I have had a MAJOR WORK DAY, which didn't even begin till 3:20 when they got home from school.

Since then we have:
--Gone to Lowes twice to buy (way too expensive) flagstone pavers and paint

--Gone to Walmart to see if pavers were cheaper there (they didn't have any)

--Began the tedious process of removing dirt and replacing with pavers

--Began planting dwarf mondo grass in between pavers (it looks SO good!)

--Painted a TV cabinet that we found awaiting garbage pickup across the street

--Put the first coat of paint on the recently-flooded-but-now-dry basement floor

--painted two wooden chairs (previously brown wood-colored, now white)

--Painted a free-standing pantry in my kitchen a gorgeous garnet color

--Tried to (unsuccessfully) hand-feed our kittens, since the mother has a bad case of nipple infection and won't let them anywhere near her (!)

--Celebrated the above by getting pizza from Papa John's and watching the newer version of Shakespeare's As You Like It


Caveat (aka excuse) - This was not posted last night because my computer hibernated on me right as I was ready to post. Then I hibernated out of frustration and weariness.

This morning I am still having computer problems and have had to start this over twice.

And in the back of my mind I'm thinking.....ALL this for a bowl of grits? Just calll me Esau.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't worry, no one is trying to buy your birthright...

is that all you did yesterday afternoon? really what did you do with all the leftover time?????

Anonymous said...

and why didn't you post pictures to prove it?

Mrs. Pittman said...

My camera is in Belgium.

And my son and his camera are MIA.

And my friend, Jodi, and her camera are on bed rest.

And I'm pretty sure Lea thinks she is done taking pictures of my house (.....for now.)

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see all of it, but especially the pavers and mondo grass, have you noticed the change in the air...fall is coming YEA!!!!

Kelley said...

I wanna see a picture of the would-be-trashed t.v. stand you found and painted!

Mamajil said...

wow!! I am impressed all that in one afternoon?! :)
Hope Sunday is restful for you!

Laura said...

If you did all that yesterday afternoon, what did you do today that kept you from coming to Tracy's?

In case you haven't checked my latest post, I was very disappointed that I didn't get to visit with you. Perhaps another time.

Meg in Tally said...

FYI, Blogger was doing some really weird stuff the other night...which sounds like what your problem was. Maybe we should give you a bit of grace for that?

On second thought...nah...

I usually have a camera if you'd ever invite me over...I'm just sayin....

Anonymous said...

are you still have computer problems or did you decide to take the sabbath off....

how come i am blogging everyday AND i have to serve all of you slackers grits... this is the last contest that i make up. i am obviously no good at making up rules that benefit myself...

Anonymous said...

So now I know what to tell those who ask why my DW did not travel with me to Belgium. When I am gone she paints all the bare wood she can find some deep hue to totally hide any hint there is real wood under the paint. And the kids think their HOH works them hard??? Har!

Your loving HOH,who's home now.

Mrs. Pittman said...

Dear Anonymous Husband-
I'm glad you are home (hey...Maybe we could talk in person soon!), but if you think that will keep me from painting things, well...let's just say, You do still work 8 hours a day right?

Gotta run...I'm almost out of white...and I have two chairs and a candelabra to paint before 5:15 :)

jax said...

You celebrated Beatrice's nipple infection by eating Papa John's? Sounds kind of mean ... + I bet she didn't even get any of the pizza!