Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lame Post: The Sequel

Please tell me it's September 30th.

And that I'm the September to Remember Queen and can quit this insanity.

Lea...can you hear me doing the "opposite of praising" you from across Thomasville Rd.? I'm mumbling disobliging things about you - and your FORTY women to remember (couldn't it have been the Top Ten?) ...And I hate my blog....No, make that all blogs...No, better yet - Make that the entire Internet Superhighway.

Each night I say I'm going to go to bed early and then I wash my face, get my pjs on, floss, get my current book out, fluff my pillows......And remember I have to go post to the ##/!-% blog.

Obviously I have a bad attitude tonight - even though I had a nice unexpected serendipity when Jodi and her family dropped my kids off from a nationally renowned college football team's game - - - and then stayed for dinner :)

Someone volunteering to take four of your children to a football game - Pretty Rare.

Having an adult dinner (we made the kids eat outside) with your best bud and her husband - Almost Unheard Of.

For everything else.....There's Mastercard

(Aw heck, honey, you know I'm just kidding - Certainly I remember I'm not supposed to be using that particular method of payment right now....It's just an expression.
Lighten up, Mr. Breadwinner and Payer of the Many Bills (and the man who cooked dinner tonight for 18), I've hardly even thought about what I'll be buying with it when you finally let me off Credit Card Restriction.)

Mary sent me my first meme today (and what that stands for, I'm not sure). But even though I've yet to see one of those meme-ies that didn't seem jr.high-ish, I will do it for her (and for the extra post it will provide.)

Tomorrow.

Good night.



If you don't get everything you want, think of the things you don't get that you don't want. ~Oscar Wilde

3 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Oh, my! You linked to me, you linked to me! Now maybe I'll get 1 or 2 of the thousands of readers who flock to read your missives!

Love the Mastercard commercial...have you heard the "Real Men of Genius" commercials from Bud Light? They are hysterical...I'll have to post some...you know and promote beer...okay maybe not.

Anonymous said...

what doesn't kill you... makes a great blog post. just remember that when you can't blog anymore...

Lori said...

If you ever find out what meme stands for, that could be a post as well.